Welcome to Neon Sakura! Please take some time in reading over the terms of this web site, and policies. This document is an agreement (herein referred to as the “Agreement”) between you (herein referred as “You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, and the “User”), Neon Sakura (herein referred to as “Neon Sakura”), and its owner, Frederick Linsmeyer (herein referred to as “We”, “Us”, “Web Site Owner”, and “Owner”). Before using Neon Sakura, it is requested that you become familiar with services that are offered as well as the limitations and liabilities incurred. Neon Sakura includes any related sub-site or sub-domain hosted on the https://www.neonsakura.ca/ domain, including https://gallery.neonsakura.ca/, unless otherwise noted. Neon Sakura is owned and maintained by the Web Site Owner for entertainment, critical and informative purposes and is not intended to represent, impersonate, or infringe on the rights of any person, entity, industry, company, trust, group, corporation, collective, cooperative, authority or organization. Neon Sakura is hosted, operated and maintained in Canada under the observances of Canadian law.
- The Agreement
- Terms and Conditions
- Comment Policy
- Rights granted by you to Neon Sakura
- Copyright Policy
- Reproduction Policy
1. The Agreement
By visiting and using Neon Sakura, you have agreed to and are bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree with or refuse to comply with this Agreement or any accompanying documentation, you must stop using Neon Sakura and any of its related services immediately. This Agreement can be changed at any time, with or without formal notice from the Web Site Owner.
2. Terms and Conditions
All content, services and other resources are provided “AS IS” and comes without warranty of any kind either express or implied. The Web Site Owner does its best in making sure all content, services and other resources are available all the time. It is not possible to predict all possible technical difficulties or outages, which may include loss of data, system failures and interruptions. The Web Site Owner reserves the right to modify or remove, either temporarily or permanently, any content, service or resource with or without any given notice. You agree not to hold the Web Site Owner liable for any modification or removal of content, services or resources. You agree to not use Neon Sakura for any illegal activities which include and are not limited to: transmitting abusive, harmful, threatening, obscene or hateful content, protected works (e.g. trademarked or copyrighted) without consent, interfering with the operations of Neon Sakura or any other Internet web site or computer infrastructure. This includes any municipal, provincial, state, territorial and federal law from where you access Neon Sakura.
- 3a. Non-Registered Visitors
- 3b. Registered Visitors
- 3c. Cookies
- 3d. Data Storage and Retention
- 3e. Third-Party Content
- 3f. Security
3a. Non-Registered Visitors
Non-registered visitors means you are browsing Neon Sakura but do not register (sign-up) for an account. An account is not a requirement to use or enjoy Neon Sakura. A basic amount of information is automatically collected during your visit: your device’s IP address, geographic location, and browser software version. This data is used to compile reports on who visits the Web Site, what time and date Neon Sakura was visited, the length time spent on Neon Sakura, the services used to find Neon Sakura, hyperlinks clicked to exit Neon Sakura, and which country or territory you are visiting from. Some third-party providers may capture additional information, please refer to section 3e below.
However, if you choose to contact the Web Site Owner using the online contact form or post a comment in response to an article, data you supply, including your name, e-mail address, IP address, geographical location, browser software version, and, optionally your web site URL (if you have one) will be collected. Comments, which are public, will display your name, and your web site (if provided), but not your e-mail address. If you do not wish to supply any of this information, please do not use any of these features.
3b. Registered Visitors
Registered visitors means you have registered an account on Neon Sakura and can log in to comment, submit or publish content. An account is not a requirement to use or enjoy Neon Sakura. This data is used to compile reports on who visits Neon Sakura, what time and date Neon Sakura was visited, the length time spent on Neon Sakura, the services used to find Neon Sakura, hyperlinks clicked to exit Neon Sakura, and which country or territory you are visiting from. Some third-party providers may capture additional information, please refer to section 3e below.
Registration requires more information in addition to the basic information of your IP address, geographic location, and browser software version. This additional information includes your first and last name, along with a username and password to secure your account on Neon Sakura, an e-mail address, a web site URL (if you have your own web site) and some biographical information if you choose to share that type of material.
If you register an account on Neon Sakura, personal information that you provide is stored in your user profile. You can view, edit, or delete your own personal information at any time (excluding changing of your username). Neon Sakura administrators can also view and edit this information. If you have registered an account on Neon Sakura, you can request a copy of your data. Should you determine that you no longer need an account on Neon Sakura, you may delete your account. However not all data is deleted, including comments and data relating to administrative, legal, or security purposes, or data that is stored in back-up files.
The cookie files used by Neon Sakura do not contain any information that could personally identify you, such as your full name or street address. If you have a registered account, these cookies retain your account name and session details. A unique cookie is generated for both registered and non-registered visitors to identify your visit to Neon Sakura, though it contains no details about you as a person. These cookies typically remain on your computer from one to fourteen days.
3d. Data Storage and Retention
Data submitted to Neon Sakura can be stored indefinitely and across multiple platforms, including back-up files for data recovery and retention purposes. While the Web Site Owner takes every reasonable precaution to safeguard these files, it is impossible to foresee any attack or threat which may compromise this data.
3e. Third-Party Content
Some third-party providers used by Neon Sakura include:
- Automattic: https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/transparency/privacy.html
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
This is not a comprehensive list as individual providers may be used on a limited basis dependent on the content or services provided.
Neon Sakura uses SSL certificates (identifiable by the https:// or a padlock icon in your browser’s address bar) to encrypt data between your device and the Web Site to reduce the risk of data being intercepted by another party. If your device is already compromised by a virus, keylogger or other malicious software, your data may already be at risk regardless of these measures that put in place by Neon Sakura. The Web Site Owner will not be liable for any damages, loss of data or any other issues that arise from your use of a compromised device.
4. Comment Policy
The Neon Sakura welcomes feedback and input on posted articles as it helps share more information with the online community. By submitting your comment, you are confirming that the content does not violate any policies set forth and is not offensive, abusive, threatening or otherwise illegal. Comments can be used by Neon Sakura to promote or advertise services offered. E-mail addresses will not be distributed, disclosed or otherwise sold to external parties. Any personal information submitted in your comment is done so at your own risk and the Web Site Owner is not responsible for the safety or validity of this information. All submitted comments do not reflect the opinions of the Web Site Owner unless otherwise stated. Not all comments will be approved for posting or appear on Neon Sakura. The Web Site Owner retains the right to enable, modify or disable commenting on any article at any time for any reason.
5. Rights granted by you to Neon Sakura
You, as the visitor, acknowledge that any submission to Neon Sakura, either intentionally or unintentionally, are governed by the following:
- You are free to download publicly available content, including images and text, for your own personal, private consumption and use. You can freely distribute this content so long as you do not receive payment for it, claim it as your own work, or obscure, remove or destroy any copyright and legal notices, including watermarks that may accompany this content. Reproducing this content for distribution in a demeaning, disruptive, misrepresentative, or malicious manner is prohibited.
- By submitting content (which includes but is not limited to: e-mails or letters, artwork, stories, poetry, lyrics, essays, forum posts, reviews or ratings, videos or video clips, screen shots, photographs, and other types of data), you are letting the Web Site Owner distribute, reproduce and display these online via Neon Sakura. You agree that all submitted content is original and of your own creation, or that you have the appropriate permission to share this content. Content may be re-sized or adjusted to fit the format of Neon Sakura. The Web Site Owner does its best to keep all original content the way it has been intended and will not make any significant modifications without prior arrangement.
- Neon Sakura administrators will have access to the submitted content and be able to make adjustments for the content to fit the format of the Web Site where necessary.
- By registering an account or posting a comment on Neon Sakura, you will not:
- Threaten, harass, or violate the legal rights of another user.
- Misrepresent yourself as another person, official, company or organization.
- Submit or publish content, files or other data that does not belong to you without appropriate permission first.
- Submit or publish content, files or other data that will restrict or limit the use of Neon Sakura or cause damage to another user’s device or account, or any other system or service.
- Advertise or sell any commercial product for profit or gain.
- Alter or falsify content, posts, comments, files, or other data that does not belong to you or is a notice formally issued by the Web Site Owner, hosting providers or legal entity.
- Sell, divulge or distribute your username and/or password.
- Use your account to programmatically save, download, harvest, scan, or retrieve data for use in a database or comparable system for future or commercial.
- The use of robots, scripts or any other automated or manual method of collection, or retrieval, of images and photographs for non-personal use are prohibited. Use of such methods will be restricted by Neon Sakura whenever possible.
- The Web Site Owner may censor your submissions, including comments, at their sole discretion, where appropriate or necessary.
- The Web Site Owner reserves the right to terminate your access to and/or account on Neon Sakura with or without notification for any reason whatsoever.
- If you have a registered account with Neon Sakura, you can request a copy of your data that is held by Neon Sakura through your user profile. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you — this can include the deletion of your account. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. This does not apply to you if you do not have a registered account with Neon Sakura.
6. Copyright Policy
All content on Neon Sakura, but not limited to the design, text, graphics, photographs, music, video, downloads and other related media are copyright 2004 – 2022 Frederick Linsmeyer, all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted. All logos and respective slogans are used in the context of news reporting, to promote their services or products, or as an informative aid as a review of said products or services. This content, which is not limited to text, graphics, photographs, music, video or other media, are posted under the consideration of fair use and are not altered to deface, misrepresent or infringe upon the rights of their owners. This content and media do not constitute as endorsement or recognition from their respective owners and the Web Site Owner receives no financial gain, endorsement, acknowledgement or support from their rightful owners.
If you, as the rightful copyright holder, in good faith, object to your content being published on Neon Sakura, you may request that it be removed provided you submit evidence that you are the rightful holder or are acting on behalf of the rightful holder and justification as to why the content should be removed. Requests for removal must be submitted through Neon Sakura contact form. Requests for content removal that are not done in good faith, misrepresented, are frivolous, or are illegitimate, will be ignored or forwarded on to the relevant authorities.
7. Reproduction Policy
Original content can be reproduced within limited quantities without written consent from the Web Site Owner. Limited quantities is consistent text from any published article, not including any element that is related to Neon Sakura design or structure. Consistent text may be used as quotations or a reference point in any new published documents or articles. Original content, categories and archives cannot be reproduced in their entirety. Photographs may be reproduced as long as any watermark, logo or accompanying text is left unaltered or unobstructed, regardless if it is from Neon Sakura or otherwise. Use of photographs on other web sites and pages is permitted, provided that the image file is not directly linked to and that the any watermark and/or logo is left unaltered or unobstructed. Photography albums cannot be reproduced in their entirety, and reproduction in any publication format is limited to two images in total without written consent from the Web Site’s Owner. Photographs of persons in costume (commonly known as cosplay) cannot be reused without the photographed person’s explicit permission. Harvesting of photographs, for the intent of creating a database, commercial service, or other purposes is prohibited. Violators will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Please note that this document can be updated with or without notice at any time deemed appropriate by the Web Site Owner. It is recommended that you check back regularly to ensure that you are kept up to date with The Agreement. This document was last revised on Thursday, June 23rd, 2022.
Neon Sakura has not been inspected by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and is not recommended for human consumption. If Neon Sakura has been ingested, do not induce vomiting; contact a poison control centre immediately.
Neon Sakura is a privately owned and operated web site located in Canada and its owner ultimately decides over content that is considered objectionable and reserves the right to post or remove said content unless otherwise noted. The owner reserves the right to forward any submission deemed illegal to the relevant authorities. You are free to share the content and redistribute it within reason; don’t be a thief and don’t be dishonest about your sources. Questions or concerns regarding these policies should be directed to the owner, however, not all suggestions or ideas are considered or implemented. Solicitations are not guaranteed a response.