A string quartet will perform some of the most popular opening songs in anime this coming April. Candlelight: Favourite Anime Themes will host two concerts at Vancouver’s Christ Church Cathedral on the evening of Saturday, April 8th, 2023.
Surrounded by candles inside a historic church, musicians from the Listeso Music Group will play a selection of hits from Naruto: Shippuden, Sailor Moon, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Your Name (pictured at top), and other beloved series. Each concert is about 60 minutes in length — the first is at 7:00 pm PDT, followed by the second at 9:00 pm PDT.
A tentative song list was shared by the tour web site. Given the short length of the show, it’s possible not all songs may be performed by the quartet.
- “Unravel” by TK from Tokyo Ghoul
- “In Regards to Love – Eros” by Matsushiba Taku from Yuri!!! On Ice
- “A Cruel Angel’s Thesis” by Yoko Takahashi from Neon Genesis Evangelion
- “Blue Bird” by Ikimonogakari from Naruto: Shippuden
- Inuyasha Medley
- “Case Close (Main Theme)” by Katsuo Ohno Band from Detective Conan
- “Shinzou Wo Sasageyo” by Linked Horizon from Attack on Titan
- “Again” by Yui from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- “Moonlight Densetsu” by Dali from Sailor Moon
- “The World” by Nightmare from Death Note
- “Lilium” by Kumiko Noma from Elfen Lied
- “Mystical Adventure” by Hiroki Takahashi from Dragon Ball
- “Sono Chi no Sadame” by Hiroaki Tominaga from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
- “Gurenge” by LiSA from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- “Sparkle” by Yojiro Noda from Your Name
- “We Are!” by Hiroshi Kitadani from One Piece
- Studio Ghibli Medley
Tickets for Candlelight: Favourite Anime Themes are available online only and not for purchase at the door. Four seating zones are based on the interior of the cathedral — Zone A, the most expensive at $64.00, is at the front, closest to the musicians, with Zone D priced much lower at $30.00, is at the back of the nave. Doors open 45 minutes before each show.
Christ Church Cathedral is located at 690 Burrard Street in Vancouver. It is an short uphill walk to the corner of Burrard Street and Georgia Street from the Burrard Station on the SkyTrain Expo Line.
© 2016 YNFP
Did you find a typographical or factual error in this article? Please let us know!
All comments are subject to our comment policy. Your comment may be held for moderation, censored, or removed if it does not meet our standards.