The Expo Line extension through Surrey and into Langley reached a new milestone as eight station names were announced on Friday morning.
Six stations are located in Surrey, with one each in the Township of Langley and the City of Langley. The line continues from the Expo Line terminus at King George in Surrey’s centre.
- Green Timbers Station located at 140 Street and Fraser Highway
- 152 Street Station located at 152 Street and Fraser Highway
- Fleetwood Station located at 160 Street and Fraser Highway
- Bakerview-166 Street Station located at 166 Street and Fraser Highway
- Hillcrest-184 Street Station located at 184 Street and Fraser Highway
- Clayton Station located at 190 Street and Fraser Highway
- Willowbrook Station located at 196 Street and Fraser Highway
- Langley City Centre Station located at 203 Street and Fraser Highway
“By announcing station names for the Surrey Langley SkyTrain line, we have crossed yet another important milestone. I am excited to see public transit expanding to more communities in our region and with the station names unveiled today we are one step closer to delivering this much needed service.”– Kevin Quinn, CEO, TransLink
Construction on the 16 kilometer route is expected to commence in 2024, with an estimated completion in 2028 at a cost of $4.1 billion CAD.
Source: Government of British Columbia press release
Did you find a typographical or factual error in this article? Please let us know!